- Program Time:
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11th, 2017
- 8AM – 12:00PM
- Program Cost:
- Each bike is a TEAM bike; raising a minimum of $500 per bike.
- Checks should be made out to YMCA of Greater Westfield.
- These contributions are tax deductible.
- Contact Info:
- Cindy Agan = 413-568-8631 X323
- Email = firstname.lastname@example.org
YMCA OF GREATER WESTFIELD
5th ANNUAL CYCLE-A-THON
TO BENEFIT THE YMCA’S ANNUAL CAMPAIGN
Jean K.’s story
Jean has been a member of the Westfield YMCA for over 17 years. She has taken a variety of programs but prefers the pool classes. Jean does her own yard work, even trimming the large bushes around her house. She is active with her family and is in excellent health. She attributes that to the Y. And by the way, Jean is 95 years old. At the age of 90, she was given a birthday celebration in the lobby as she became part of the “Nifty Nineties” club and was awarded a free membership. There are many more members in that same club.
Jean’s husband was in a nursing home in the year 2000. Jean visited him twice a day. Occasionally, she would bring him home for a weekend visit. During that trying time, a nurse at the facility advised her to check out the Y for some light exercise in order to deal with a very stressful life situation. She did and in her own words said that “Joining the Y was the best thing I ever did.” Her husband has since passed away but Jean continues to take classes and socialize with the many friends she has made at our Y. She is quoted as saying she “….found a second family here.”
Today, Jean is a vibrant member and has recommended the Y to many others. She brags about the friendliness of the staff, the great senior discount, the wonderful instructors and the upbeat atmosphere she finds at our facility. Jean says she feels “marvelous” and points out once again that the YMCA is a large part of her stellar health.
The YMCA of Westfield is committed to serving individuals and their families living, with, though, and beyond cancer. The YMCA is here for everyone-no one is ever turned away because of an inability to pay. Your support of the Annual Support Campaign will enable the YMCA to continue to help children and families in the community. Every dollar raise goes directly to providing assistance, offering a variety of quality programs and opportunities to learn, grow, and thrive.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Join us for our 5TH Annual “Cycle for a Cause” cycle-a-thon!
1. Please sign up with Cindy Agan or call 413-568-8631 X323.
2. Then fill out the Participation Form. Donate a general gift to the campaign, sponsor a team, or sign up to ride as a TEAM.
Each bike is a TEAM bike; raising a minimum of $500 per bike.
- Not all team members have to ride the day of the event. You can campaign and raise donations for your team. If you are riding as a team, the 4 hour ride can be divided amongst team members in any time slots.
- You may donate your portion of the team ride or ask friends and family to sponsor you. (Example: If you have four people ride for an hour each, each team member is responsible for raising/donating $125.
- All teams must be registered by TBA
- Donations raised by the team ride may be turned in to the Y before the event or during check in on the day of the event. Use the included pledge sheet for yourself. All riders should complete an individual participant form or pledge card.
- Photocopy your pledge card for your own records.
- In an effort to save time at registration, individual riders should have all donations in one envelope.
Checks should be made out to YMCA of Greater Westfield. These contributions are tax deductible.
The cancelled check serves as a receipt.
PLEASE BRING: Water, sneakers or cycling shoes, your pledge sheet, donations, and a SMILE!