- Program Time:
- Session VIII
- Tuesdays & Thursdays 2:30PM-4PM
- September 11th – December 6th
- Must register by August 31st.
- Program Cost:
- Free 12-week exercise program
- Contact Info:
- Cindy Agan, Health & Wellness Director
LIVESTRONG AT THE Y CANCER SURVIVORSHIP PROGRAM
RENEWING OUR STRENGTH TOGETHER
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a free 12-week exercise program for cancer survivors who are currently in or have completed treatment and are physically deconditioned. Developed by Stanford University, this specially designed program has proven to help survivors regain strength, overcome fatigue, and enhance functional ability to do everyday tasks. Our Y is committed to serving individuals and their families living with, through and beyond cancer.
Tuesdays & Thursdays 2:30PM-4PM
September 11th – December 6th
Must register by August 31st.
Space is limited.
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION:
• Strong personal desire and commitment to participate for the full 12 weeks
• Medical release for participation from doctor
• Complete Y’s Intake form, surveys and functional assessments
• Give permission for LIVESTRONG at the YMCA staff to contact your physician or health care provider as needed
PROGRAM GOALS :
• Increase flexibility and endurance
• Enhance functional ability to do everyday tasks
• Improve energy levels, build muscle mass and strength
• Develop an on-going physical fitness program, not only as part of recovery, but as a way of life
For more information, contact:
Cindy Agan, Health & Wellness Director, at the YMCA of Greater Westfield , 413.568.8631 or email@example.com
Additional FREE Resources for Cancer Survivors
Check out our Livestrong Videos
LiveStrong at the Y participants with Robert Rivest ; Laughter Yoga