Parent/Child Classes (6 months-3 years)
Infants and toddlers are introduced to the aquatic environment and encouraged to enjoy themselves while learning about the water. You’ll also work with your child to explore body positions, floating, blowing bubbles and fundamental safety and aquatic skills. This class is for kids who aren’t yet able to respond to verbal cues and jump on land and for those who aren’t yet comfortable working with an instructor without a parent in the water.
In this class, you’ll help your child:
- Blow bubbles on the surface of the water, bob to submerge in the water
- Move and float with their chin in the water,
- Move and float with their head on your shoulder
- Roll from back to front and front to back
- Grab the pool wall
- Jump, push, turn, grab with help
- Swim, float, swim 10 feet with help
- Front and back glide to the wall for five feet with help
- Enter and exit the water
Fall Session 1 Infant/Toddler Class Times:
Thursdays, 5:05-5:35pm, Saturdays, 8:25-8:55am, Saturdays, 10:10-10:40am
Fall Session 1 (6 weeks, September 14-October 21) Registration will open on Monday, August 28 for members and Wednesday, August 30 for the community. Registration can be done ion person at the Y of over the phone by calling the Welcome Center (413) 568-8631.